Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

“Rain, Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day” Hi friends. My foster mommy has been singing this little song to me a lot lately. It has been kind of rainy here of late and I am a little fearful of rain.
Why, just yesterday I tried to climb into the dryer to hide from the pesky rain drops. Mommy opened the door and inside were t-shirts, underwear and socks – all very cozy to sleep on I think and they smelled so fresh and clean – what pup could resist. So, I put my big head inside, then my front feet and then I put my back foot on the rim to hoist myself inside my cozy little cave where I would curl up nice and tight, safe and sound, snug as bug in a rug, ya know? But, alas, my sweet little cave was not to be. Mommy squealed, “No, What are you doing??” which really echoed inside my sweet little cave so I backed out and gave her my “What?” face.  She gave me her confused face – Ahh, I love to keep mom guessing.
I love to keep her in shape too! Earlier she took me out to potty between the scary rain showers but when I was in the wooded part of the yard trying to take care of business the sky roared really loud and I got scared. I ran to the farthest corner of the yard and curled up in my tiny, little ball of fear as I am wont to do when the rain happens. She dashed to my little corner and tried to convince me to come inside where she said it was much safer. But, I wasn’t budging; the sky was really scary looking so I was going to ride out the storm right there and she was more than welcome to join me. Once again my plan was foiled, drat! She stuck her arms under my belly (into all the leaves and bugs I was laying on) and scooped me up. She held me tight against her and started weaving her way thru the woods.
Now, at this point I became even more worried because I realized as limbs and leaves were slapping me in the face and butt that mom was wearing her big, ugly, heavy, rubber snake boots and she could have easily fallen while toting me along, I am precious cargo, you know! So, we emerged into to the clearing of the yard and she finally put me down (thank goodness) so I could walk the rest of the way into the house. I don’t know what was more scary the rain or having my 60 pound ass hauled thru the woods by someone wearing big, clumsy boots. She was very tired after that though so I did my part to keep her in shape! She will thank me later…I think.
So, I end with my usual “tail”: I am up for adoption! And, yes, all THIS could be yours!! Check out www.fugeesrescue.org for more info or just ask my foster momma, she can talk about me for days and days and days.

No comments:

Post a Comment